It’s My Park Day Fall 2018 will be November 3rd – please consider coming out to help with park maintenance and beautification. It’s also a great way to get to know neighbors and explore the park and greenbelt!
1) Trash Cleanup throughout park and greenbelt to Mopac. If we have a really good turnout, we can go beyond Mopac along the creek and shared use path (NCWT)
2) Creekside Trail maintenance – remove/relocate fallen branches, move rocks off trail,spread straw and native seeds on the slope along the creekside trail.
3) Planted tree maintenance – weed, mulch, remove t-posts that have fallen, etc.
4) Poolhouse landscape maintenance – weed new plantings, replace/add a few plants, spread out leftover soil
5) Seed wildflowers/native grass in areas disturbed by trail work contractors
6) Patch small area of creekside trail near Duval
Optional if we can get some team leaders:
-hand pull Johnson grass from the side of the NCWT trail near mopac
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer to lead a project.
A sign up link will be posted in October with more details. BUT until then join the Facebook event to get a reminder as the date approaches.